I am a total convert to making sauces in the Bellini after trying a cheese sauce. It’s great to be able to throw all the ingredients in and walk away. This recipe was inspired by my sensible friend Serena, who shared a great recipe for silverside in the slow cooker. I made the white sauce to go with it and the vegies, and followed her suggestions for flavouring the sauce (v v good).
I seem to be specialising in spectacularly ugly pics at the moment – a combination of taking them on the ipad, and not using natural light. It tastes better than it looks. The leftover silverside is lovely on sandwiches (my favourite is thin sliced with tomatoes and home-made mayo).
White sauce with grainy mustard
- 50g plain flour
- 50g butter
- 370g milk
- 1 heaped tsp whole grain mustard
- salt to taste (but a good pinch, at least)
- Chopped fresh parsley (flat leaf or curly)
Blade/s: Chopping or stirring
1. Add all ingredients to the jug except the parsley. Cook on Sp3 at 90 deg for 7 min.
2. Stir in the parsley and serve.