This is my second attempt at meringue in the Bellini. It wasn’t a big surprise that it didn’t work at all the first time, as I hadn’t made any effort to read the instructions. This time I read a few different ThermoMix blogs and forums, and eventually devised this method which worked perfectly for me.
- 3 large egg whites (straight from fridge, no need for room temperature).
- 300g caster sugar
- pinch salt
- vinegar (to wipe bowl, I used apple cider but white would probably be better).
Blade/s: Chopping + mixing tool (aka butterfly blade).
1. Check jug, lid and blades are very clean. Pour a little vinegar on a paper towel and wipe jug, lid and blades.
2. Add all ingredients to the jug. Take measuring cup out of the lid, to allow greater airflow to the mixture. (n.b. I used the separating eggs in the lid trick to separate the eggs and yolks for this recipe. Remember to also wash and vinegar-wipe the top of the lid if you are doing this).
3. Mix on Sp3, 37 deg for 11 min. That’s it!
4. To make individual meringues, dollop the mixture onto a lined baking sheet and bake in preheated at 90 deg for 1 hr 10 min. Centre will still be gooey – if you want them drier, then leave them to cool in the oven at the end if the cooking time.